the genes



The family has been completely slacking on the Lillian photos, but today, I opened my email to proof of my mom's new obsessive compulsive photoshop disorder. I will share one with you, if only to show that the eyeball genes are totally kicking in. For those of you who have met me, you know that my eyes are very predominant on my face. This is something that I share with my mother's entire family. The one time my ex met the whole lot of them (this is the gargantuan 12-sibling side, with 50-something in my generation), he said it was like walking into a Stepford Family Function. The poor souls who have married into our family stand out like sore thumbs because the rest of us all have the same exact ginormous eyes. Yeah, it's a word. I said so. My baby pictures are little more than a pair of eyeballs in a chubby-cheeked little pea head, surrounded by rolls of fat. While Lillian has some work to do on the chubbiness, you can see here that she is well on her way to ocular perfection.



Considering that she wasn't supposed to be born until about 3 weeks from now, looks like she's right on track.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could u not want your baby to have those eyes. So big and beautiful, breath taking to say the least. Like masterpieces alike, the windows to your soul bare the addiction.. that makes you.

Jeff Cutler said...

I sure hope she didn't come out of the womb with that crooked bow on her head. Yipes!

elizabeth said...

she's not MY baby..but yes, glad she will have the eyes. not that there was much doubt...