the boys

Ok, in response to those who have asked about these exes arriving to town.

Ex #1 “Jim”: Complicated, passionate. He lives in Atlanta, he’s beautiful, he’s the only guy I’ve ever dated who I never argued with. Not because we always agreed on everything, because we didn’t. It’s just that nothing was important enough for us to waste our precious time quibbling about, when we had so much fun together. It’s been about 8 years since we’ve laid eyes on one another. I still get goosebumps at the sound of his voice. We can discuss him further if he follows through with the visit.

Ex#2 “Ray”: Sweet, cuddly. I’ve known Ray for even longer. We became friends because he was my sister’s neighbor when she first moved to Charlotte. Because I’m a night person and my sister is asleep by 10 most nights, he became my chaperone to any kind of nightlife when I visited. Have you ever met someone who was completely unaware of how good looking they are? That’s Ray. Perfect mix of southern gentleman and northern humor (he was born in Syracuse, NY), this has always been a geographical issue alone. Friends through our respective other relationships, more than friends during the rare times we were both single over the years. He has said on more than one occasion “move down here and marry me”, but not in that get-on-one-knee sort of way. He'll be here in less than 2 weeks.

I’m not expecting either visit to result in anything more than having a great time with someone I’m completely comfortable with. Ray will be here in less than 2 weeks, and I’m even willing to sit through a Yankees game with him, because though he’s lived in Charlotte most of his life, he’s a huge fan. Must be genetic…those yankee roots. All the fun of dating, none of the aggravation. Good stuff.

0 comments: