unvacation

I'm off for a few days to babysit my heartsick friend. The basic gist is that he has to be in his ex's hometown for work, and he (and I) don't think he'll get through it if he's there alone. So I'm packing a bag and leaving tomorrow. Could be gone anywhere from a couple of days to a full week. Sadly, the destination is not anywhere fun or pretty, or even remotely on the list of places I want to go. It's cold, and crappy, and the only thing that could get me to go there is a friend in danger of full mental breakdown. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Joe Speaker said...

From those of us who are lucky enough to have friends to rely in on in times of crisis, thank you. You may not get your karmic reward during the crappy cold weekend. But you will eventually.

elizabeth said...

well, i don't know how much i'll be able to help, but i can try...what good are we if we can't be there for our friends?