I would give up my own boobs (which are my most favoritest body parts) to be able to write like this:

"I map out an itinerary that gets swept away with the first cold weather of the season. I make no plans at all, other than a quick martini at the bar or a swig of vodka from the flask in my desk drawer, hoping you'll take over. We communicate our desires in games, half truths. I never did like to lose."


It says on her blog that she's quit writing there. I suggest you all inundate her with email in protest. All 4 of you. Thanks.

*courtesy of a fabulous contest brewing over here at Heather's joint. Which, by the way, seems to be the number 1 name for really annoyingly-good bloggers. There's a whole voting category for it. They're all really good. I don't like them. So there. (or I'm just bitter about it)


------------------------

In other news: I know it's been almost a week since I've written. I'm sorry. I can't even say it's because I've been really busy. I've just been uninspired. That goes for work as well. I need a really huge commission to get me out of this funk. Anyone know someone who needs about $20k of something cool made of metal? Furniture, lights, sculpture...it's all good.

On a happier note, my sister and the little munchkin will be here next week. So very excited. She is trying so very hard to walk and talk. As always, I will be coaching her endlessly while she is here so I can take credit for such milestones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone needs some work, eh?
Hmm. We might remember how I wanted to commission you. Or, we might remember how someone ELSE said that I'd I'd need a lawn first. Well...
I got me a lawn.
Now make me an army of metal monkeys! With clown hats!

KT said...

wow. thank you thank you thank you for the too kind words. i may have to send over my boobs now...

elizabeth said...

boaf: sweet, i'd be happy to sculpt you an army of monkeys. That will be $18,000. I accept cash.

kat: i'll tell you what..you can keep your boobies if you just write, dammit. thanks :)

Kelsgarden said...

so I read "upcoming munchkin photos"

that is one cute baby - almost make me want another one (but then I know what happens when they turn 12)

ok, so off to lurk around the links

Jeff Cutler said...

Does eat oats and mares eat oats and little lambs eat ivy.

Were I to try to match the questionable wisdom of littering a lawn with metal monkeys; or to ponder the completely tragic (yet SOOO HOT) thought of women trading their boobies...I might have a breakdown.

I'm just going to bide my time until the baby twisting festival of lights starts the holiday doting season here in never never land.

*I CONTINUE to write in my blog (on my blog?) and have recently turned that into a podcast so you don't even have to read anymore. It's the Bowl of Cheese one, not the other one.

Love and kisses my dear metal maven,

Jeff