more Bubba



I wanted to post Man Notes™ today, a special holiday edition. Unfortunately, life had other plans. It was not a good day. I've made a diagram* to help tell my little story.



If Dog B runs suddenly upon Dog A and decides to make a snack out of him, what is the result of such an attack?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
In the Doctor's words:



Yeah, she said it looked just like a shark bite. He has lots of large jagged cuts all along his side and he spent nearly 2 hours under anesthesia so they could be cleaned and drained and all sorts of gooey stuff.

Bubba took it much better than I did. He pranced into the vet (bleeding) as if we were just there for a visit, tail wagging. I don't think he could figure out why all the perfect strangers in the waiting area were looking at him with such worry, and in the case of one very sweet older woman, with tears in her eyes. I thanked her for being so sweet and concerned, but if she started crying, I'd lose it, and look! He's being so brave about it, it would be totally unfair if I was a big cry baby.

Poor little guy. He should be just fine, he heals really well, and I'm sure he just wants to come home. The owner of the giant dog was actually unbelievably apologetic and did the right thing. She took responsibility completely, offered to take us to the vet. I told her it was fine, I have a car, and she gave me her credit card and all her contact information and was basically as lovely as a person can be after their dog attempts eating another dog. I don't know how lovely she'll be once she gets the bill, but I just can't be concerned about that right now.

*Dog disclaimer: The dog pictured in the diagram was not actually the dog who bit Bubba, and possibly not even the same breed. One of my best friends has that exact kind of dog (Great Pyrenees) and he's the most gentle, beautiful dog, and would never eat Bubba.Updated photo to depict actual breed of dog with Bubba craving.

4 comments:

The Bracelet said...

Whoa. That sucks.

I'm really impressed with the other dog's owner though. Most people seem to be douchebags and had that been me I have a feeling the owner of the other dog would have been an entirely different person. A douchetastic person.

Marit said...

I can't believe they offered to pay either. The world needs more people like that.

I would have been in tears, no doubt.

Anonymous said...

Wow.
The last person who smacked into my car left me a note with all her info. What is the world coming to?!
Get well soon, Bubba!

elizabeth said...

hj: yes, i'm thankful at the so-far non-douchebaggery of the lady. she will get the bill today. let's hope she stays that way.

marit: i know, it's the one good thing that came out of this so far. knowing that there are people who are good is very reassuring

boaf: thanks from bubba, he'll be home in a couple of hours, with cone head and all.