What Happened?

I was on such a good blogging roll, right? Writing lots and not even just bitching about random stuff (though maybe that is what people want/expect?? because of the title). Anyway, you may have noticed the sporadic writing, and I'm sorry. I've been in a bit of a holiday funk. I don't think I'm going to be able to go see my family for Christmas, and while the family holiday is usually a bittersweet mix of fun and needless drama, I have grown accustom to it. Also, it means I'll miss Lillian's first Christmas. Sure, she's not quite a year old, and won't really remember anything, but still. I'm going to miss her startled surprise at all of the colorfully wrapped boxes, which she will surely find more fun to play with than the toys inside them. I'll probably be able to head down for a few days next month ( I can be there for her birthday), but right now, with Bubba still not quite himself after the gnarly attack (he gets his stitches out in a couple days), work related stuff, and general brokeness, it's not happening.

*random tidbit*
On a completely different and less depressing note, the tv happens to be on right now, and tuned into HGTV. Now playing: a show called "Knitty Gritty" about....you guessed it, folks...KNITTING. Now, I realize that knitting has taken a serious turn toward the cool, and I appreciate a finely knitted sweater/scarf/hat as much as the next guy, but the show? You know the SNL NPR skits? Knitty Gritty is a metaphor for that. Both have fabulous information, but certain topics don't really lend themselves to entertainment. The sudden change from knit-one-purl-one to knit-one-yarn-over is just not riveting television. Perhaps if I knew how to knit? I don't know, but I'm changing the channel before I poke my eye out with a knitting needle (which I'd have to go buy just for that purpose).

0 comments: